Job Number 19116252
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location The Westin Harbour Castle| Toronto| 1 Harbour St| Toronto|
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin| we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by
providing a refreshing environment| thoughtful amenities| and revitalizing
programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they
arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being|
and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and
soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help
guests be at their best| and they appreciate our supportive attitude|
anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them
throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to
join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If
you’re someone who has is positive| adaptable and intuitive| and has a genuine
interest in the well-being of others around you| we invite you to discover how
at Westin| together we can rise.
Assists department head in managing budget| capital expenditures| preventative
maintenance and energy conservation. Accountable for maintaining the building
and grounds with particular attention towards safety| security and asset
protection. Assigns| tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff
and contractors. Helps to increase guest and employee satisfaction through
effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and
maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction|
Engineering| Mechanics| or related major; 2 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training
CORE WORK ACTIVIITES
Supporting management of Property Operations
• Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Assists in effectively planning| scheduling and evaluating preventative
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees.
• Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
• Supervises Engineering and related areas in absence of the Director of
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment| refrigeration|
HVAC| plumbing| water treatment| electrical and life safety systems.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees in order
to create awareness of business objectives| communicate expectations and
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting| repair
work| renovations| and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and order or purchase new equipment| supplies| and furnishings.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering and related departments.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to
determine the type of work required.
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Operates generators and fire pumps as necessary.
• Provides emergency response services 24/7.
• Repairs equipment (e.g.| refrigeration| laundry) as necessary.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members
with the appropriate skills.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| providing
feedback as needed.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.