Job Number 19141878
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Edmonton| 10135 100 St NW| Edmonton| Alberta| Canada
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin| we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by
providing a refreshing environment| thoughtful amenities| and revitalizing
programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they
arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being|
and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and
soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help
guests be at their best| and they appreciate our supportive attitude|
anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them
throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to
join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If
you’re someone who has is positive| adaptable and intuitive| and has a genuine
interest in the well-being of others around you| we invite you to discover how
at Westin| together we can rise.
Assists with supervising Food and Beverage (F&B)/culinary daily operations|
and monitors compliance with all F&B policies| standards| and procedures. .
Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies| cleaning supplies| and uniforms.
Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service| operational needs|
and financial objectives are met. Manages day-to-day operations| monitors
quality| and standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily
basis. Maintains the operating budget| and verifies that standards and legal
obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of Food and Beverage (F&B) supplies| cleaning
supplies and uniforms.
• Assists with uupervising daily F&B/culinary shift operations and monitors
compliance with all F&B policies| standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service| operational needs|
and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Maintains the operating budget| and verifies that standards and legal
obligations are followed.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g.|General clean)|
identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations| monitors quality| and standards and meets the
expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress report.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.