Job Number 19125018
Job Category Event Management
Location Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel| 123 Queen St W| Toronto| Ontario|
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Accountable for the overall success of the Banquets Department. Demonstrates
knowledge by leading the team to accomplish daily goals. Ensures the highest
level of service by training and developing staff and executing the
requirements of events based on standards. Drives customer satisfaction and
capitalizes on revenue during the event phase of a function. Provides clear
and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the
event. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities to
meet or exceed department goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management| food
and beverage| sales and marketing| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; 2 years
experience in the event management| food and beverage| sales and marketing| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Banquet Operations
• Projects supply needs for the department| (e.g.| china| glass| silver|
buffet presentations| props).
• Applies knowledge of all laws| as they relate to an event.
• Uses banquet beverage “Use” records to control liquor costs and manage the
banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
• Ensures accurate customer billing for banquet events.
• Ensures coordination and execution throughout the event.
• Attends pre-conference meetings to ensure specifications of the group event
are well executed.
Leading Banquet Team
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Leads discussions to review scheduled events and proactively avoid service
challenges and failures.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with
a focus on continuous improvement.
• Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain
business and increase growth.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Anticipates guests| needs and responds promptly.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies excellent customer
service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and
ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate
skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Monitors and manages the payroll function.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards| while
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Effectively schedules to business demands and for tracking of employee time
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Strives to improve employee retention.
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest
• Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
• Provides additional training to employees of other departments when
additional assistance is needed for larger functions.