Posting Date Sep 21, 2020
Job Number 20054945
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Nova Scotian, 1181 Hollis Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, New Castle Hotels, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Creative. Passionate. Dedicated.
For you, the work of an Executive Chef — planning, creating, training, mentoring, wowing – is what drives you. Having a kitchen crew who at your lead can produce food which is above and beyond guest expectations, thus driving revenue and maximizing profit makes your job fulfilling. In the role of Executive Chef, you will:
•Be a Creative – understanding trends and what guests are looking for and then creating recipes which meet and exceed those expectations makes you a great culinarian. Be willing to try new concepts and techniques and take pride in delivering high quality on a consistent basis.
•Be a Mentor – select a team of sous chefs, cooks, trainees and support staff that can deliver the vision and then train and develop them to make great food for all outlets, including your hotel’s banquet area. Create an atmosphere that fosters teamwork and engages staff, while ensuring all are working safely.
•Be Finance Wiz – understand how all your culinary decisions impacts the bottom line; watch your budget, food cost, labor dollars, etc. to maximize department flow through.
•Be Manager on Duty – if requested.
• At least five years of progressive experience in food & beverage (culinary) and prior supervisory experienced preferred.
• Relevant college coursework also preferred, e.g. culinary degree, but we are willing to take into account any other combination of education and experience that produces the required knowledge and skill set.
• Licenses/certifications as required by state law if applicable.
• Fully experienced in use of various pieces of kitchen equipment as well as computer and relevant software programs.
• Physical requirements include the ability to perform medium work — exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• The ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
• The ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, ability to work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
• Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range. Must be able to move quickly and agilely if a situation requiring quick assistance arises, and to work long hours as is often required.
• Must be able to multi task, must possess excellent communication skills; fluency in English required.