Job Number 20017294
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Toronto| 181 Wellington Street West| Toronto|
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Assists in planning and execution of meetings and special events. Position
assists in the implementation of departmental strategies. The position has
responsibility for assisting in the execution of all property events with a
seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales where
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management| food
and beverage| sales and marketing| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; 1 year
experience in the event management| food and beverage| sales and marketing| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products| pricing and services of competition.
• Assists in apprising property of all groups that will impact property
• Assists in execution of event management strategy that is aligned with the
company’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to help ensure client
satisfaction and quality standards.
• Assists in developing working relationships with outside vendors and
establishing prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and
to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property as needed.
• Creates opportunities to upsell during event planning.
• Assists in managing department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or
exceeds guest expectations.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._
_ Notification to Applicants: The Ritz-Carlton| Toronto takes seriously
its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation
(such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act| 2005| the
Accessibility for Manitobans Act| and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are
happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you
require an accommodation in relation to this job posting| our online
application or an interview| please call 905-366-5227 or email
CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human
Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone
number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an
accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process._