Job Number 19100979
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel| 800 Place Liegh-
Capreol| Dorval| Quebec| Canada
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the pre-defined peak
room parameters for Property Sales. Contracts and closes group business in
addition to conducting site inspections. Verifies business is turned over
properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves group
revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize
revenue opportunity. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable
brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer
loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing|
guest services| front desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Large group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Achieves group revenue goals by responding to incoming group/catering
opportunities for the property that are within the pre-defined peak room
• Understands the overall market (e.g.| competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions
and property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
• Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business
opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
• Partners with the sales team to identify new group/catering business and
achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Acts as the on-property liaison for group events over the Group Sales peak
room parameters of the Sales Office.
• Develops group sales revenue and operation budgets| and provides forecasting
• Works with the management team to create and implement a group
sales/marketing plan addressing revenue| customers| and market.
• Assists with selling| implementation| and follow-through of group sales
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs| obtain
feedback on quality of product (e.g.| rooms| meeting facilities and equipment|
food and beverage)| service levels| and overall satisfaction.
• Provides accurate| complete| and effective turnover to Event Management.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s
• Conducts site inspections| as required.
• Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to
operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Verifies successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling
expenses| and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to
enable future bookings through sales calls| entertainment| FAM trips| trade
• Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand
customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.| Sales Office|
Market Sales| Global Sales Team etc.) to verify the property needs are being
achieved and the sales efforts are complementary| not duplicative.
• Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer
experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in
all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering
service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during| the program/event.